Here are more One Piece quotes for us ^^ (For previous One Piece quotes, read here! For my general posts about One Piece, write here! 🙂 )
41. “Age is irrelevant when pursuing your dreams.” (Naguri, One Piece, eps 499) *Spoiler: Naguri said this during the flashback of ASL (Ace, Sabo, Luffy) childhood episode. The kids were wondering if Naguri was too old to set out to the sea and become a pirate, to which Naguri said that 🙂
42. “Things always have a core. And if you can strike it, you can turn any situation around.” (Sabo, One Piece Movie: Sabo Episode, eps 678) *Spoiler: Actually Sabo said this when trying to break the Colloseum floor. But I think we can interpret it deeper than that. Hhe I love Sabo, by the way ^^
43. “It’s my dream; I don’t mind if I die fighting for it.” (Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece Movie: Luffy Episode – Hand Island No Bouken)
44. “Don’t forget to smile in any situation. As long as you are alive, there will be better things later, and there will be many.” (Bellemere, One Piece) *I forgot the episode, but it’s the episode with Nami.
45. “Fools who don’t respect the past are doomed to repeat it.” (Nico Robin, One Piece, eps 174, Skypiea Arc)
46. “Everyone has things that they can’t and can do. I’ll do whatever you cannot do. And you do whatever I cannot do.” (Black Leg Sanji, One Piece, Eps 297)
47. “By experiencing both victory and defeat; running away and shedding tears, a man will become a man. (It’s ok to cry, but you have to move on).” (Akagami a.k.a the Red-Haired Shanks, One Piece, Eps 505). *Shanks said this when thinking of Luffy while visiting Ace’s and Shirohige’s graveyards/tombs.
48. “Even in the depths of hell, the flower of friendship shall bloom, flames licking at its stem and on the sands of the river where souls part from the living, it sheds a solitary petal, leaving it behind as a memento. So let us vow that we shall make it bloom again someday…” (Bon Clay, Mr. 2, One Piece, eps 129/451) Bon Clay is one of my favorite characters in One Piece. Somehow I still hope that he is still alive and will meet Luffy again someday.
49. “If you don’t take risks, you can’t create a future.” (Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece) *I don’t remember the episode.
50. “If we lose credibility just by admitting fault, we didn’t have any in the first place.” (Fujitora, One Piece, eps 736) In the mange, it is said slightly differently: “If you were to be troubled over something as trivial as losing face, then it’s better to not have it at all. In the end, it’s the same thing even if we were to admit our mistakes and have the trust placed on us lost all at once.” (Chapter 793) *Spoiler(?): Fujitora said this at the end of Dressrosa Arc. He didn’t want to take credits for saving Dressrosa since it’s the Strawhats and their alliance who defeated Doflamingo. And Fujitora believed that it’s the marine’s fault for letting Doflamingo, an evil pirate, rule the kingdom as Sichibukai. That’s why Fujitora apologized to the righteous King and the people of Dressrosa. But this angered Akainu, the current fleet admiral of the Marines. He thought apologizing would only defame the Marines, to which Fujitora replied by saying what I put as a quote here. Fujitora is really cool, definitely one of my favorite marines.
51. “One may stray from the path of a man, one may stray from the path of a woman, but there is no straying from the path of a HUMAN!” (Bon Clay aka Mr. 2, One Piece, eps 129)
52. “What do you know of death?!! Have you ever died?!! You think death will preserve your cause forever?!! Ridiculous!! Death leaves nothing behind!! Once a person passes on, nothing remains but dead bones!! If there is one thing I can’t stand, it is a person with no respect for life!!” (Brook, One Piece) *I forgot the episode, but I remember Brook’s saying this 🙂
53. “My future is mine to decide.” (Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece, eps 864) *Spoiler: Luffy said this when fighting against Katakuri. As Katakuri could see a little into the future, he told Luffy that all he could see in Luffy’s future was darkness. Luffy couldn’t accept this, that’s why he said this sentence.
54. “Set out to the sea someday. You’ll see how small and insignificant your worries are.” (Dr. Hiluluk, One Piece, Eps 90)
55. “We judge someone by their characters, not by their race.” (Wanda, One Piece, 755)
56. “People in authority often hear only what they want to.” (Viola, One Piece, 686)
57. “Destruction and pillaging will only give birth to hatred.” (Brook, One Piece, 509) *Spoiler: This is during the time-skipped where the villagers worshipped Brook as the satan and hoped to have him defeat the party who destructed and pillaged their village.
58. “Love is always a hurricane.” (Nyonban sama, One Piece, 417) *Spoiler: This is because Boa Hancock is so in love with Luffy. Haha
59. “Live according to your thoughts, Luffy. There are times when the era suddenly determines everything. Question the world. The day we meet will come.” (Dragon, One Piece, 324)
60. “It’s not that I want to die. I was raised to believe that striking a woman is wrong, so even if I die, I won’t ever kick a woman.” (Sanji, One Piece, eps 287) *Spoiler: if I’m not mistaken, he said this when Nami confronted him for being crushed by the enemy, Kalifa, who was a woman. Sanji couldn’t beat Kalifa because she was a woman. I’m not sure if it’s stupid, but Sanji does earn my respect 🙂
I don’t have that many One Piece quotes left now. I have some from the manga, but they haven’t been animated yet, but I’ll write them anyway. Hhe